Monday, March 01, 2010

I wrote this one yesterday at fiction workshop
(directed by Mr Spurgeon Thompson)


Thirteen ways of looking at a silver spoon
I


A silver spoon would dive in a soup bowl


and in reverse dive out loaded


soup would never do the same to its pot.


What hand would mystify


this ritual of prudence?






II


Fast moving hands over a table,


dishes flying,


salads uplifted and surrendered


I never gave my silver spoon to


though everyone else gave theirs in.






III


In times when nothingness was valued,


at wars and major disasters,


Would you have lent me your silver spoon


for a sip of the rain water on the roof?


Or would you bend it for the wish well?






IV


a boy and his father


pee together for sanitation


in their backyard planted with silver spoons






V


a silver spoon was digging


deep-deep-deep until it reached its tail


and died










VI


Death visited me one day


dude, I protracted my silver spoon


She saw her face in the silver cavity distorted


“why the silver one?” I heard as she was being absorbed






VII


Absorbents, disinfectants, pesticides


petrified at the sight of silver spoons,


especially the classic or baroque


– email lost_animations@densey.com with an answer -






VIII


Some pusillanimity is likely


when fighting the knight of silver spoons at nights


Beware! He might cut you in circles






IX


The cycle of life


decoded by the hunter of golden dreams


sadly a cipher again


embargoed by the secret society


of SI.SPO.






X


Venus would feed her children everything


everything with silver spoons


each child had her name on the hollow surface


-except the poor boy-






XI


If you ask me why I bought a silver spoon


I would go about saying that


bending it defies pitiful shows with forks






XII


Roll a silver spoon down Mount Everest


and blame me for the silvery avalanche


pinning you down as you observe






XIII


Admit it mother,


without your silver spoon dancing its tango


your father would be mine







No comments:

Follow me fb